Rice with Cheese and Pepper

Rice with Cheese and Pepper
by , Published: August 28, 2011


The only thing I can tell about Rice with Cheese and Pepper is, "Simply Handsome rice dish I have ever tasted". Hmmm, well today I invited my cousine brother who is allergic to Onions and Garlic. By allergic I mean to say, he eats only Jain dishes. Now this invites a trouble for a foodie like me, because Garlic and Onions are my best friends when I have to spell out magical dish. Well by now most of my friends would have know that, this invitation was a tough challenge for me. Nevermind, I took this challenge and keeping in mind that my cousine is simply mad about cheese, I delivered this simply handsome and electrified dish with an interesting combination of cheese, capsicum and spices!!!

Well what's my reward? Unfortunately, I didnt expect this dish will go so well so I didnt made it in big quantity. My brother thanked me by finishing up all rice and offered me 1 tablespoon of rice to taste. Lessons I learned? Always hide some amount of this dish for yourself before serving!!!


Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:
For The Rice
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (चावाल)
3 tbsp oil (तेल)
salt to taste (नमक)

Other Ingredients
1/2 cup capsicum (green, red and yellow), cut into strips (केप्सिकम)
4 whole dry red chillies (लाल मीर्च)
1/4 cup blanched broccoli florets (ब्रोकोली)
1/4 cup tomato sauce (टोमेटो सौस)
1/2 cup grated processed cheese (चीज)
2 tsp dried oregano (ओरेगेनो)
2 tbsp oil (तेल)
salt and to taste (नमक)

Method :
For the rice
1. Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the rice and sauté till it is pink in colour.
3. Add 3 cups of hot water and salt and cook on a medium flame till the rice is done.
4. Each grain of rice should be separate. Keep aside.

How to proceed
1. Roast the chillies in a frying pan for a few seconds.
2. Remove from the frying pan and pound in a mortar and pestle to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add the capsicum and fry lightly for half a minute.
4. Add the pounded chillies and fry for a few more seconds.
5. Add the rice, broccoli, tomato sauce, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Serve hot.

0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post
Ads1
Ads2