Khajoor Til Puran Poli (Date Sesame Puranpoli)

Khajoor Til Puran Poli (Date Sesame Puranpoli)
by , Published: October 14, 2011


Puran Poli is one of my favourite food whenever my sweet tooth start aching. But again I believe variety is spicy of life. So, I often experiment with the stuffing of Puran Poli. The puran poli is a traditional way to win hearts and spread sweetness! My Grandmaa have preached me richness of til and dates and so I thought of using it like this.

Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: Makes 4

Ingredients:
For the dough:
1 cup whole wheat flour (गेहु का आटा)
4 tbsp milk (दूध)

For the filling
3/4 cup finely chopped dates (खजुर)
2 tbsp sesame seeds (तिल)
1/4 cup brown sugar (चीनी)
2 tbsp milk (दूध)

Method :
1. Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter.
2. Place one portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the circle.
3. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
4. Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter using flour to roll.
5. Cook on a non-stick pan until both sides are brown.
6. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 3 more puranpolis.
7. Serve hot.

0/Post a Comment/Comments

Previous Post Next Post
Ads1
Ads2